Welcome to RMHC NSW
Supporting sick kids and their families.
Select the Chapter that you would like to support
Newcastle, Tamworth, Gosford & Forster
families used our family rooms
number of nights supported
About RMHC NSW
Ronald McDonald House Charities NSW has supported thousands of seriously ill children and their parents, carers and guardians. Our Houses specialise in assisting families who need to travel 100+ km from home to receive specialist medical care for their sick children, offering a warm and welcoming place to stay in a supportive and understanding environment.
On average, it costs $160 per night to support each family staying at one of our Houses, and the best thing of all, families stay for FREE! One less pressure on them. In the traditional sense of the word, a night would simply refer to a roof over someone's head for the night, but at Ronald McDonald House, it means so much more to our families.
- A night for our families means:
- They have a network of support through other families, staff and volunteers
- The hospital is a quick 5-minute walk away
- A kitchen full of food, with meals cooked from our supporters 3 times a week
- Access to our Family Rooms when staying on ward
- In-house education support by qualified teachers
- Access to 40 hours of free tuition when the patient returns home
- FREE accommodation so families can focus on their sick child
- A FREE week’s holiday for families to relax, reconnect and create precious memories together via Ronald McDonald Family Retreats
- Your donation means that we can continue supporting thousands of families each year and ensure they are able to stay by the side of their sick child as they undergo lifesaving treatment.