Supporting sick kids and families for over 30 years!
For over 30 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney has supported thousands of seriously ill children and their parents, carers and guardians. Opened in 1991, our Randwick House provides more than just the basic necessities. We specialise in assisting families who need to travel 100+ km from home to receive specialist medical care for their sick children, offering a warm and welcoming place to stay in a supportive and understanding environment.
Through our accommodation, Learning Program, and support services, we strive to build a community that nurtures and empowers seriously ill children and their families.
Our Ronald McDonald House (located in Randwick) and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms (located in Sydney Children’s Hospital, Royal North Shore Hospital and Wollongong Hospital) are run by a hardworking team of staff, and dedicated group of volunteers, all aided by the generous support of our donors, sponsors and community and corporate partners.
Thank you for your continued support of our families!
families supported at the House
families used our Family Rooms
meals served in 2021
It’s more than a place to sleep…
Your support will provide holistic support to families throughout their child’s recovery with illness or injury. We are there for families to keep them connected and focus on the child’s recovery through the House and our Family Rooms.
By supporting RMHC Sydney, you will:
- Ensure sick children experience an improved clinical journey as a result of physical and emotional proximity to the family. Our programs enable a family-centred approach to caring for sick children from the time they are in hospital to transitioning back to school and everyday life.
- Make sure parents and family members feel better connected and less stressed, improving their capacity to focus on supporting their child through treatment.
- Help hospitals experience a reduced mental load and save on resources. Our program has become a vital part of the hospital infrastructure. Hospital staff can discharge patients to a nearby location and are therefore able to serve more people.
- Ensure the education system avoids some of the costs associated with students who miss significant periods of school. Our Learning Program helps government and schools avoid the cost of students repeating school, and avoid the lifetime costs associated with students not completing school.
- RMHC Sydney has the trust and goodwill of the community, which are essential for sustainable operations. RMHC has been consistently rated as one of the most trusted charities in Australia.
- We are able to have volunteers and tutors able to assist in the delivery of our Programs. Their work primarily benefits families, but also provides the volunteers and tutors themselves with a sense of purpose and job satisfaction.
Current Fundraising Campaigns
Join or donate to one of our current fundraising campaigns and help make a difference.
Other ways you can get involved
No matter how big or small, YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Did you know over 60% of our income relies on our supporters, corporate partners and the community? THANK YOU.
For every $1 donated, your donation actually represents $3.60 in economic and social value which is created by RMHC Sydney for families and the community, thanks to your support!
We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing vital programs for families with seriously ill children.
Our chapter run a range of support programs across Sydney including our House, Family Rooms and Learning Program.
Our House provides a homely and inviting place to stay for parents, guardians, carers and their siblings while their child is undergoing treatment in Sydney.
Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms are exclusively for the families of children undergoing treatment in a nearby ward. Run by our friendly volunteers, our Family Rooms are welcoming spaces where you can take time out from the clinical environment of the wards, have a tea or coffee, freshen up with a shower or find a quiet space for a much-needed nap. Our Family Rooms also have dedicated play areas so the siblings of seriously ill children can have a bit of fun. We wish to advise that the family rooms are currently closed due to COVID and we will advise of the date once the Hospital confirms communal spaces may open again.
The Ronald McDonald Learning Program assists school-aged children with serious illnesses and injuries to catch up on missed education following treatment and recovery. Providing a suite of educational support services, including therapy sessions and one-on-one tutorials with experienced teachers, our Ronald McDonald Learning Program is tailored to students’ individual needs. We aim to build each child’s confidence and self-esteem in preparation for their return to the classroom. All services are free to families thanks to funding from our generous RMHC supporters.
Heart of our Home - Sponsor A Room
Sponsoring a room or space in our Randwick House of Family Rooms carries a range of meaningful benefits that begin when we attach your plaque to the door and continue throughout the year. This vital program allows RMHC Sydney to continue supporting seriously ill children and their families for however long they need our help with spaces that deliver warmth, security and sense of community under extraordinary circumstances. Laundry facilities, family-friendly kitchens, hot showers and comfortable beds are small things that make a huge difference for a family while far from home, friends and extended family.
Our House is a warm and supportive home-away-from-home for families of children travelling to Randwick for treatment at the Sydney Children’s Hospital.LEARN MORE
Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms are located inside major hospitals and are exclusively for the families of children undergoing treatment in a nearby ward.LEARN MORE
Our volunteers are the heartbeat of RMHC Sydney, serving the needs of our seriously ill children and their families at our House in Randwick or our Family Rooms in Sydney Children’s Hospital, Royal North Shore Hospital or Wollongong Hospital 365 days a year.LEARN MORE
The Ronald McDonald Learning Program assists school-aged children with serious illnesses and injuries to catch up on missed education following treatment and recovery.LEARN MORE
Sponsoring a room or space in our Randwick House of Family Rooms carries a range of meaningful benefits that begin when we attach your plaque to the door and continue throughout the year.LEARN MORE
Make a Donation
Your gift of $10 will equate to $36 in economic and social impact for sick kids, families and the community
Your gift of $50 will equate to $180 in economic and social impact for sick kids, families and the community.
Pledge a night for $160 for one family per night.