ABOUT RMHC SYDNEY
What do Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney do?
Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney provides a warm, safe, home-away-from-home when seriously ill or injured children require specialist care and treatment far from their hometowns in regional and rural Australia.
We strive to provide valuable family-centred care that plays a vital role for families while their child receives treatment. Thanks to the community, we provide much-needed holistic support that alleviates the financial and emotional for families while improving their ability to cope.
How will funds be used?
Funds raised through your Community Fundraising will support over 850 families of seriously sick and injured children who rely on the support of Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney every year.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney offers support through the Ronald McDonald House in Randwick, Ronald McDonald House Learning Program and Family Rooms in the Sydney Children’s Hospital, Wollongong Hospital and Royal North Shore Hospital.
What does Ronald McDonald House in Randwick offer?
Our Houses are a warm and supportive home-away-from-home for families of children who need to travel to Sydney Children’s Hospital in Randwick. We create a safe and welcoming environment where families can remain connected and parents can communicate more easily with their child's medical team.
The Houses provide a community of support, which embraces families and provides the opportunity for sick children, siblings and carers to continue enjoying everyday moments and creat memories, together. Our communal kitchen, lounge and laundry facilities also provide families with the independence to cater for themselves and keep up with day-to-day living as much as possible.
Families are offered in-house support during their stay, including home-cooked dinners multiple times a week, school holiday programs and other personal gestures that help make an uncertain and stressful time, a little it easier.
How much does it cost Ronald McDonald House Charities to accommodate families at the Randwick House?
On average, it costs $160 per night to support each family staying at Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney (in Randwick).
The families stay at the House for FREE, to help relieve some of the pressures of being away from home.
In the traditional sense of the word, a night would simply refer to a roof over someone's head for the night, but at Ronald McDonald House in Randwick, it means so much more to our families.
A night for our families means:
- Supported accommodation at no cost, so families can focus on their sick child
- A network of support through other families, staff and volunteers
- The hospital is a quick 5-minute walk away
- A kitchen full of food, with meals cooked by our supporters three times a week
- In-house education support by qualified teachers
- Access to 40 hours of free tuition when the patient returns home
ABOUT YOUR FUNDRAISER
Can I set up a fundraising page?
Absolutely! We are so excited to have you join us, thank you so much! To get started, simply select your style of fundraiser by clicking here to set up your personal fundraising page to share with your family and friends.
If you’re still having trouble, just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you complete the setup.
How do my friends and family sponsor me/my team?
Your online fundraising page is your best friend! Supporters can sponsor and donate to you directly through your personalised fundraising page. They will receive a receipt instantly via email, and you’ll receive a notification so you will be able to thank them!
If any of your family and friends would like to donate offline, simply reach out to us at email@example.com.
What are your top tips to get started?
We are so excited to see what you achieve. Here are our top tips to kick-start your fundraising:
- Make a personal donation! The best way to start your fundraising is by setting the tone and donating yourself. Show your sponsors that you are committed and encourage their support.
- Your fundraising blog. You can find it on “My Page” on your fundraising hub. Keep your page updated with your progress so your sponsors can see what you are up to!
- Send emails straight from your fundraising page! On your fundraising hub on “My Dashboard” you will find “Get Support”. Here you can send emails to your contacts as well as share your page directly to your socials!
- Post on your social media asking for support. We have some helpful social tiles on our fundraising resources page to get your started. Don’t forget to tag @rmhcsydney on Facebook and @rmhc_sydney on Instagram.